Biofeedback In Denver Helps You Take The First Step
Understanding how biofeedback works is essential to understanding the value it has to offer in treating your symptoms. Biofeedback relies on electrical sensors that transmit information about your body. This technology is looking at a variety of different reactions, including breathing, heart rate, muscle contractions, sweat gland activity, temperature, and brainwaves.
Biofeedback takes these cues and, with the help of a sound or light, makes you aware of your physiological reactions to the stimuli you’re exposed to. By becoming aware of these reactions, you can then control and change those behaviors. When coupled with other treatment options, biofeedback is a highly effective tool to help patients regulate not only their brain, but also their body.
The Logistics Of Biofeedback In Denver
When you’re participating in a biofeedback session, a clinician will attach electrodes to your skin. Upon identifying your various stress responses, your clinician will guide you through relaxation exercises that will help you take control of the physiological reactions that occur. These can look different depending on the individual’s stress response, as well as the specific symptoms you’re trying to resolve. They can include a number of different exercises, such as:
- Deep breathing
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Guided imagery
The electrodes will give you real-time feedback on how the relaxation exercises are affecting everything from body heat to heart rate.
Applying Biofeedback To Different Mental Health Disorders
When looking for the best biofeedback in Denver, you want to first consider the symptoms you’re struggling with. Someone who suffers from chronic pain may need a different application of biofeedback than someone who is struggling with symptoms of ADHD. Depending on the symptoms, your biofeedback therapy will be focused on specific reactions.
- Anxiety - If you’re struggling with anxiety, an electromyogram will be most important for your treatment efforts, as it measures muscle activity and tension.
- Headaches and Migraines - Those suffering from chronic headaches will benefit from thermal biofeedback that measures your skin temperature.
- ADHD - Those who struggle with focus disorders will want to measure their brain waves in order to recognize where the problems lie.
- Trauma - If you’ve suffered a traumatic experience, heart rate variability will be essential to helping you find peace in recovery.
The Best Biofeedback In Denver From Braincode Centers
Braincode Centers offers the full suite of non-invasive, holistic mental health care services. From traditional counseling to biofeedback, we can help you find the right combination of treatments that help you lead your best life.
If you’re looking for the best biofeedback in Denver, look no further than Braincode Centers.