Today, we’re breaking down everything you need to know about bettering your brain.
What is neurofeedback?
Neurofeedback, or EEG biofeedback, is a type of brain training that uses real-time displays of brainwave activity to improve self-regulation of brain function. Although the technology itself is complex, the treatment is relatively simple. Neurofeedback is just a learning process that works to strengthen specific areas of your brain—similar to how you strengthen specific muscles at the gym.
During a neurofeedback treatment, you receive real-time feedback about your brain’s electrical activity. Every half-second, your brainwaves are compared to a target frequency. You get a signal and “reward” when you meet the target frequency and no reward when you don’t.
Over time, this training leads to lasting changes in your brain that improve the way it functions.
What can neurofeedback treat?
Neurofeedback can be used to treat everyday stress, brain injuries, and mental health disorders. Here at Braincode Centers, we use neurofeedback to treat:
- ADHD and other focus-related disorders
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Attachment disorders
- Insomnia and other sleep-related disorders
- Memory loss
- Mood disorders
- PTSD & Trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
Neurofeedback can also be used to improve overall mental performance. Many professional athletes and business execs use neurofeedback to give them an edge up on the competition.
Are there any side effects of neurofeedback?
There are no serious side-effects associated with neurofeedback because it is a drug-free, non-invasive type of treatment. A lack of adverse side effects is one of the many reasons people seek neurofeedback treatment in the first place.
In fact, some people find that after they complete neurofeedback training, they’re able to quit taking prescribed medications that were causing side-effects.
What does the treatment process look like?
The neurofeedback treatment process will look a little differently everywhere you go, but it generally follows the same few steps. Here are Braincode Centers, our process is as follows:
- Free consultation: To begin, you’ll meet with one of our neurofeedback specialists to discuss symptoms you’re experiencing and what you’re hoping to achieve through treatment.
- Initial evaluation: During your evaluation, you will complete a qEEG brain map that’s used to identify areas of your brain that are out of balance or underperforming. This will help guide the creation of your treatment plan.
- Custom treatment plan: We will create a customized treatment plan and constantly re-evaluate it to ensure you’re getting the most out of each treatment session.
- Tune-ups: To maintain a healthy brain, you’ll want quarterly touch-ups after the completion of your initial treatment plan. This helps you stay proactive in bettering your brain.
Where to find neurofeedback in Denver
If neurofeedback sounds like it could be a beneficial treatment option for you to consider, reach out to us at Braincode Centers. We are a top Denver neurofeedback provider who takes an all-natural approach to improve the mental health and well-being of our clients.
Everyday stress, brain injuries, and mental health disorders are difficult to deal with on your own. Schedule a free consultation with our neurofeedback specialists to take control of your health and get on the right path to a happier, healthier you.